Monday, September 30, 2013
Thomas' 10th Birthday and Colin's 5th Birthday
This was a pretty big year for birthdays in our house- Thomas turned 10 in early September and Colin turns 5 this week- in early October! Years ago we decided that "friend" birthday parties would begin at age 5 and that we'd have them every other year or so. We deviated from that plan last year with Thomas though so we owed him a birthday party this year. So in 1 month we essentially were supposed to have 2 boys' birthday parties as well as have a baby, as my due date was smooshed in there as well. Not gonna happen! So we decided to combine the parties and do something big... early in the month, so that we wouldn't have to worry about baby arriving while one of the kids is blowing out his candles or something.
So the 2nd week in September we hosted a company called Scales & Tails at our house and allowed the boys to both invite a bunch of friends over. It was SO awesome! I mean, besides the fact that there was so much less to do (since the entertainment was hired out!) the show itself was just so fun and entertaining. I think everyone had a great time, so I consider it a success!
Prepare yourself for picture overload...
We still celebrated each boys' birthday on their actual day too- I'll have to add some pictures from Colin's since his isn't until this Saturday. (Btw- can we all collectively cross our fingers that this baby decides to arrive ANY day but Saturday?! Pretty please?!)
I let the kids choose their meals on their birthday. Thomas has unique favorites for a kid- he's not super into sweets. So he chose an egg sandwich on a bagel for breakfast. He had school, so lunch was a little tricky, but I ended up getting him a super-fun-so-expensive-I-never-buy-them Pizza Lunchables kit. He had a field trip that day so he was feeling pretty special! For dinner he chose hot dogs. He doesn't care for cake, so instead I made him his favorite cookies, Snickerdoodles, complete with 1 giant Snickerdoodle to blow candles from. It was pretty fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment